Monday, August 12, 2002

I guess I will chime in to the ongoing Bahead Girl debate on Scummy Guys. Yes, some are scum. Some are boils on the asses of scum. And some are less so. While others, but only a scant percent of the male population, are livable, loveable, born-to-be-hubbies and dads. Being off the market for two years has made me a bit rusty as to the current mating rituals, but I see my friends and single fam members who struggle. I watch Sex and The City, and I think I have a pretty good idea what is out there, and it makes me appreciate The Better Half even more. I figure whatever crap we're going through, it's better to try to work it out rather than call it quits, and so far we've been lucky. The only things I don't think I could forgive would be infidelity or if he poisoned a family member/ beloved pet, and so far, he's done neither.

I've noticed something in watching my Better Half, especially when he does something to piss me off. Almost all of the times he has, it wasn't deliberate. He was just bopping along, cluelessly, and suddenly, BAM! A situation occurs where suddenly, he notices I've gone quiet, or am rolling my eyes and sighing a most exasperating sigh. And he is surprised, because he didn't realize that when he was dancing in a circle with girls who were running up to him and grinding with him would offend his grilfriend of two years. Men are basic creatures. You have to s-p-e-l-l t-h-i-n-g-s o-u-t for them. I have a feeling had I just said, "please don't ride the pony with those teenage cuddle-bunnies; it will irritate me. I trust you, but one of my flaws is that I get jealous easily," in Canada, I could have probably saved myself a lot of unnecessary misery. Unfrotuately ladies, a lot of times, we don't follow through with an explanation. We're headed out the door, with the belief that this once noble prince has turned into a toad. Not to say that it's women who are the problem, and that some guys deserve to get dumped because they're assholes, but sometimes even the good guys need to be called on their actions and helped to see the light. Chances are, if they're decent, and they're into you, they won't do it again...for a while.

On that note, I have to say something about women. I know I am treading into some rough territory here, but I have to say that men aren't to blame all the time. I have noticed when women hit on my boyfriend. I don't even wanna think about it when I am not around, and he is out. I totally trust my Better Half, but some women, especially after imbibing, can be the most disrespectful. They grow claws and fangs. John once had an encounter with a woman who asked him to go home with her. He told her he had a girlfriend, to which the woman replied, "I don't care. I want to have fun." A college co-ed gave him her phone number in the supermarket, with a simple, "Call me, we'll have fun," while I was standing right there. (He did tear up the phone number.) I have no sympathy for women who date married men. To me, that's not empowering or bold, it's stupid, and demeaning to everyone. Okay. End of rant. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?