Sunday, August 11, 2002

It was nice spending time with the Better Half. We opted for a low-key night in, as both of us are whipped from working so much. The Better Half made pasta with sausage and marinana sauce as well as garlic bread. We got a bottle of wine from Williamsburg and we talked a bit about WYD. John said that we'd be filling out evaluations soon, and that I needed to tell them how I felt. I have less issue with the actual organization than with the pilgrims that attended the WYD. I mean, I know I have no control over other people's actions, but I have to say, probably for not the first time here, that I was not impressed with the caliber of people who attended. I know there is tons of room for improvement, but if WYD attracts that kind of audience, I don't want to be a part of it.

I know I really bashed the Better Half in my last post, so here I wanna make it up to him. I know how lucky I am. I compare myself to other girls I know who are of similar age, or in relationships, and I realize that my guy is one of the best guys I know. He always treats me with the highest amount of respect, is kind and loving and my fam thinks he could walk on water. He works so hard, and despite how hard life has been on him, he's never whined or been bitter about how life has treated him. His faith just amazes me sometimes- sometimes it's all he has in a situation. Sometimes I look at him when we're with friends, or when we're alone and I can't figure out how he landed in my life and the thought that he loves me as much as I love him just fills me with a great feeling I can't describe.
So are you sick yet?? :)

Gotta point out my friend Chris' sites. Snoopidancing is his blog, and Broken Hallelujah is his poetry site. His stuff is damn smart, funny, bittersweet and articulate.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?