Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Short entry. I had a patient who needed to be intubated and sent to the ICU at change of shift. It really sucked. I felt horrible, retracing my steps trying to see if there was anything I could do to prevent it. My coworkers told me that there wasn't, and that I did good. I had 6 patients last night.

On Sunday John Y. and I went to the Big Flea Market where I found a Nurse Nancy book, a stuffed Nermal from the Garfield cartoon, and some buttons. John got some Star Wars glasses. After that we watched Drop Dead Gorgeous and then went to the train station to pick up the Better Half. I was so happy to see him. I no longer feel out of sorts, the way I do when he goes out of town. I realize how lucky I am to have someone so wonderful, someone who supports me all the way. He was amazing in Canada, despite all of the snags. He stayed with me the entire time, and went back to Windsor with me, missing the Papal mass. I was so upset, I told him, "this is supposed to be your World Youth Day, and I'm ruining it." To which he replied, "This is OUR World Youth Day. I want to spend it with you. Make sure you're okay." See, that's why I call him The Better Half.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?