Tuesday, September 24, 2002

I'm taking apart what I've constucted of my afghan, it looks rather pitful. Last night I drew out what I wanted on graph paper and now, I think I'm unraveling everything and starting from scratch. I figure that time spent on it will make it better, more of the vision of what I want.

I am tired of hearing about this chick who whupped the bejesus out of her kid in the parking lot of Kohl's. Now the media has jumped all over it, sending out reporters to stop moms on the street, shoving mics in their face to ask, "Have YOU ever lost it like that?"

Look, I'm not saying that this lady was right in any way. Beating your kid isn't the answer. But I will tell you this. According to the accused, the kid was apparently being a real puke in the store. She was running around, yelling, screaming. Then she began to act out in the parking lot too. Chances are, people were starting to roll their eyes and think to themselves, "What a brat. Why doesn't that mother do something?" Mom gets frustrated, and unfortunately, made a big mistake that got caught on tape. And now the spotlight is on.

In order for the species to survive, we must procreate. Not only that, we gotta make, raise and send out good productive citizens. It's a shitload of pressure, in my honest opinion. Now, there are shitty parents out there and they need not to be parents, and their kids are in danger and need to be taken care of. But for the most part, most parents do a kick-ass job of raising good kids with good values. No one's perfect. So Moms of the world, don't let anyone tell you that you're nothing because you decided to stay at home and raise your kid. Don't let any pious busybodies try to tell you how to raise your kid. My hat is off to you. You're doing all right.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?