Saturday, October 12, 2002

I spent the day sick with a stomach bug. The Better Half gave me teas and ginger ale and rented some videos for me. About mid-day my appetite came back, and I was able to work a bit on my afghan. I had to call in today, but tomorrow I am off again, so I can rest up and recuperate and be 100% on Monday.

Last night the Baheads were all giddy as Jim and Dan appeared on Rich TV, plugging the Celtic Festival. Marian and I both called up the show to ask "questions" to the band, in order to make them look cool on TV. Marian asked them what they liked about playing the Festival (double plug for both the band and the event) I asked about their numerous charities that they work for, including the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, as well as Freedom House, SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now) and the American Red Cross. I went last year to the Festival, and it was so much fun. Black 47 was there too. It's like a smaller version of the State Fair, except a bit more exotic, and instead of hocking hot tubs, the vendors sell beautiful Celtic jewelry, books, knicknacks and yarn (my personal preference) . Dogs are allowed. The band plays, and people drink Irish coffees. Last year it was freezing, so get out your favorite Celtic knit sweater and long johns and jeans and get some Irish coffee to keep you warm. Unfortunately, I am not able to go this year, as that I have to work night shift that weekend. So have some Irish coffee for Jenn, and have a good time rocking with UB.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?