Thursday, November 07, 2002

Not much going on, most of my energies are focusing on finding a job. For the past week, I've been exploring home health with an organization in Carytown. I really like the company's philosophy and it's a very casual attitude. The head manager, Barbara, lets everyone call her Mom, and seems to be really supportive of the staff. Today I sat in on the interdisciplinary meeting, which focused on the upcoming JACHO visit (JACHO is the organization that evaulates hospitals and health care organizations to make sure that they operate safely; screwing up with them means shut down.) Barbara went over a few things to say, and then someone asked her if the company was going to be okay during the inspection. Barbara said, "I know it will be great. You guys do a good job." She seems very realistic and practical, and it's refreshing to see that in a manager. On the way out, I saw her hug and kiss Amy, one of the home health aides. I would love to be a part of that. After the meeting, Barbara sat me in her office. The job is basically down to me and another girl. She told me to take a week and mull it over, and she will too. She says she needs to make a decision sometime next week and get someone on board soon. So far, this job is my first choice, and to be honest, I'm going to tell her next Friday that if she will have me, I'd love to be a part of the company. But I am not going to be unrealistic. I realize she has to do what is best for her company, and if it means not hiring me, then so be it. So for now, a waiting game.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?