Tuesday, November 19, 2002

So, today I got a call from a dermatologist's office needing an RN to operate the photo light therapy machine. There is other aspects to the job as well, as they need a patient advocate, staff educator and someone to work in coordination with the physicians and the clinical coordinator who oversees the medical assistants. Before I worked in the hospital, I had a job as a medical assistant working in a dermatologist's office. It was pretty neat, seeing all the skin stuff out there. Plus, it's not a job where people really die on a regular basis, and it's certainly not the pace of an oncology unit. I mean, you do deal with melanoma somewhat, but by that time, you hand them over to an oncologist, and you just become a consultant.

So far, I haven't heard back from the Home Care place. I liked it very much, but I realize they have to do what is best for the company. I've also applied inpatient as well. I've applied to a couple of area hospitals that are looking for people in admissions units, mother/infant, and pre-admission testing. Mother/infant was something I never thought I'd consider. But when you look at it, it's certainly not a depressing job. I always sort of liked babies, and there is a lot of education and pain management involved. Plus, no one really dies. I guess seeing teenage moms would be a bummer, but after seeing young people die, or suffer from debilitating mental illness, I think it's small potatoes. Plus, I can tap into my psych background with post partum depression. Right now, I'm getting antsy. As the Better Half said it best: "you're jumping ship with a pretty small raft. You need to hop on that big ship.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?