Wednesday, December 25, 2002

I've had a great Christmas so far. My grandmother gave me The Three Kings statues for my nativity scene. I got a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens as well as membership to the Virginia Museum (which means I can get my discount on some classes I want to take). I got a lot of monetarial gifts as well as gift certificates to my favorite store, Target. The funniest moment came when we gave my great aunt Da a keyboard. Da is over sixty and has never touched the piano except to pound out "Happy Birthday" which she plays with one hand and can be mastered by a three-year old. She proclaimed us all "mental."

My favorite gift was an onyx ring that my grandmother, Mema had worn when she was a young girl. It almost made me cry when I got it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?