Wednesday, December 04, 2002

The snow came, and my cynicism that was rampant in the last few posts melted away. It's just so beautiful out there. The Better Half and I were discussing the sound of snow. Have you ever stood outside in a snowfall at night? It's absolutely silent, except for a peaceful whooshing noise, as the snow lands. I am now watching the infamous lower half of the screen on the news, waiting to hear if his school is closed in the morning. Most of the county schools are closed tomorrow, which leads me to believe that they will close too. Usually when I was anticipating school closings as a child, you could usually judge the severity of the storm by which schools closed. My school district, Henrico, usually was the last to closeUnlike today, where schools close at the drop of a snowflake. Yep, those were the good old days.

I set up my Christmas decorations and my Advent and Nativity scene tonight while watching the Christmas tree lighting at Rockefeller Center. I also love watching Christmas at the White House, especially when the First Lady shows off the tree. I sometimes pretend that the cameras are on me as I trim the White House tree:

My Fellow Americans, it has been such a special year for my husband and me. Being your President has been so rewarding for me. America truly is the greatest country in the world. This year, we not only established world peace, found cures for AIDS, cancer and the Ebola virus, and improved health care by giving nurses free schooling and seven digit salaries, but also, we were able to eradicate stupidity nationwide, took funds from hate groups to build flower gardens, and established a fat-free cheesecake that really does taste like the real thing. Here's my tree, and this year we have a very special ornament, featuring your favorite First Pet, and mine, Chessie. It's a Christopher Radko original of Chessie sitting on my desk in The Oval Office. Isn't it fab?!
I love the holidays!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?