Thursday, January 09, 2003

Okay, I feel a bit better. I searched AOL Careers: Improve Yourself section, and there was something there that caught my eye. In the 10 Tips for Your Career in 2003, number 5 is: Never hire a person you'd hang out with. It makes an interesting point that diversity lies in hiring people with different visions of the company's philosophy and goals. And that the person you hire should scare you because she has such differing views than you do. Which can expand horizons and increase productivity. Although I haven't been there long enough to want to change the company's infrastructure, I'm kind of relieved. It means they didn't hire me because they thought I was cool. They hired me because they thought I could do the job. I think that is much better.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?