Sunday, February 09, 2003

Inspired by a recent post-dinner conversation, I am seriously considering returning to a vegetarian diet.

Basically, my doctor uncle and my nurse aunt were telling me about using dogs, turtles, orangutans, and cats for animal medical testing. Okay, mice, rats and nasty screeching monkeys are one thing. But you gotta draw the line somewhere. Also, my mind flashed back to when the Better Half told me about that lunatic humanistic school where they killed a rabbit and then dissected it. On the ride home, I started crying, the Better Half was befuddled, and I started feeling like a hypocrate for eating meat.

To tell you the truth, I really liked being a vegetarian, although I never really told my family. I just never thought they would understand. I lost weight, I felt healthy, and felt like, for the first time in my life, I was standing up for something I believed in. I held myself to a higher standard than the rest of the world. I could care less what other people ate, and didn't mind when they served me meat. I was able to do it for about a year, then I started working, and became really busy, and less concerned about my diet. Plus, I was going at a faster pace, and my protein intake was inadequate. So I started eating meat again.

Maybe now it's time to reconsider. Wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?