Monday, April 14, 2003

I went to the library today and checked out the book "Live From New York," which is a bio of SNL, told from the viewpoints of most of the cast members who are still alive. It's a good read so far. I've skimmed around, mainly focusing on the original cast (John Belushi, Gilda Radner, et al) and the cast that was on when I was really into it (Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Adam Sandler). I don't watch the new cast much now, but I loved the episodes that the original cast did. Awesome, funny, and ground-breaking.

It's kind of neat, this agency thing. These people basically call me, ask me when I want to work, and then try to accomodate me as much as possible. I don't work any days I don't request. I don't have to work weekends. I don't have to save up vacation time. It's really flexible. The downside is the thirty minute plus commute to the hospital. The other downside is that I'm nervous as hell trying to go into a hospital I've never worked in and just pick up and start taking care of patients. I guess it'd be the ultimate in getting my feet wet. I'm trying not to psych myself out. Sharon, the agency head nurse, gave me a copy of the flowsheet the hospital uses, and I looked over it, and it's pretty self-explanatory. Sharon said I'd probably do fine, and she was excited to have me aboard.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?