Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Okay, your first assignment for this blog entry is to read this article. Go ahead, I'll wait.

You done? Okay.

I am reminded of a George Carlin quote: "Kids are like any other section of the population: a few winners, a whole lot of losers."

These kids are all losers. Every last one of them. Unfortunately, I have a feeling this tape will be scrutenized all over the major news networks. And I have a feeling that those responsible will not get what they deserve, because their parents are rich and can afford lawyers. "Not my child!" will be the battlecry. And I have a feeling the same amount of coverage would not be given to this tape if it was a group of African American, Hispanic, Latino, or any other minority- the phrase"shocking hazing ritual" would be replaced with, "another incident of gang violence," despite not being gang-related.

The only thing that will shock me is if someone learns a lesson from this.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?