Sunday, August 24, 2003

For once, it actually feels good outside. Feefer and I sat out for a while today. I did my nails and read mags. FiFi attempted to eat pine cones. We brought out my portable CD player and blasted Madonna, Barenaked Ladies, and The Beta Band. Big and I discussed the important anthropological information we obtained via People Magazine- why celebrities have plastic surgery and that Oprah can indeed make her nose appear smaller with makeup. Our discussion led to another article about stage parents. Did you know that Lil Miss pageant costumes can run up to $3,000 a year? And that there are people out there who name their kids "Celie" and "Savannah?" And that stage parents run rampant everywhere, even in a Spelling Bee situation? There is simply no stopping them!

Fascinating.

Also, there was an article about a device, priced at $120 dollars, that claims it can translate a dog's bark into English, so that you know what your dog is saying. I don't need a $120 device to translate FiFiBonics into English. She's pretty straight forward, only barking when it's obvious to both of us that I am distracted with something and am ignoring her. That's her pet peeve (pardon the pun). We are going to start puppy school in September. I think she'll be great...I'm worried about me. Will I be structured enough to follow through with her learning and homework? Will I be able to live up to the pressure of helping mold her little mind to comprehend such commands as "Come," and "No!" It's a big job, but someone has to do it. I am just not going to be a stage parent. I know that much.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?