Monday, August 25, 2003

Today we have a very nice letter:

Dear Fifi,

I think you should enter a spelling bee. One bark for
A, two for B, three for C. Okay, it could take a
while, but it'd be worth it, I think.

Marian

FiFi replies:

Woof, woof, woof...(C)
Woof...(A)
Woof woof...(B)

I spelled the word "c-a-b"! Thank you for writing such a nice letter, Marian.

I do like to spell, but I also like to read. I am getting ready to go to Miss Becca's puppy school, and I would like to learn more words. In fact, yesterday, I too read the article in Mommie's People Magazine on the spelling bee stage parents. That is, before I took the cover, ripped it off, and chewed on it. I read that some of the mommies and daddies get so mad when their kids spell wrong, they yell at them! Although I do not think Mommie would be mad or yell at me if I spelled a word wrong, I would be scared of the other mommies and daddies. I think that they would feel my p-r-e-s-e-n-c-e at the spelling bee would d-i-s-c-o-u-r-a-g-e their kids, and thus my poor Mommie would have to listen to a group of b-u-f-f-o-o-n-s yammer about how a puppy entering a spelling bee would a-f-f-e-c-t their children's self e-s-t-e-e-m and their c-o-n-c-e-n-t-r-a-t-i-o-n. Plus, having to spell all of these big words by barking really makes me very tired, more tired than playing with Squeaky B-e-a-r. Whew! I am now going to take a
n-a-p. Thanks for writing, and I hope to see you soon!

Smooches,
FiFi

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?