Saturday, November 08, 2003

I am very glad that Fall is back. It went away for a little while, so much so that for two nights, I had to sleep with the AC on. Now I have to close the windows and turn the heat on.

Happy to get a break from work. I requested next Friday off. My bosses said they'd "take care of me" if I did 2 visits this weekend, at the hospital. So I am hoping their standard of "care" jives with mine.

As far as choosing a candidate, I stumbled across the website for Howard Dean. He's the candidate I've heard the most about. Basically, he's the only candidate so far that has addressed nursing as a separate entity in his campaign, which obviously scores Brownie Points with me. But does he have enough gusto to be a strong commander-in-chief?

The other two candidates I am eyeing are Wes Clark and Joe Libermann. Libermann, of course, was the vice presidential candidate in 2000, and I have a feeling he might be the one who will finally get the big nod by the Dems to get on the ballot. I haven't done a whole lot of research on them yet.

Knitting is coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely. I am still working on these afghans. I am hoping my cousin and sister have alternate blanketing for football games. I will have to make haste and finish them soon, because a bumper crop of friends and coworkers are pregnant, and there are going to be a slew of booties and blankets and onesies to knit.

Sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?