Friday, December 19, 2003

I hate snow, most of the time. Today, as flakes fell, and I made my way around the southern part of the city, it was rather pretty. Luckly, the ground is too warm and it wasn't producing a hazardous winter wonderland.

I got written up for the first time in my life. Medication error: the bane of every nurse's existance. I can't really give a lot of details, but for the most part, my bosses went to bat for me completely. Lurraine paged me with the message: "Love you and will support you...Sh*t happens, and we're okay. Lurrainey (her silly name)." I was okay after I got in the car after melting down in Leslie's office. "Mr. G needs you today," she reminded me of my actively dying patient. Work is good therapy. It makes me forget my problems, which always seem really trivial in comparison to the issues of my patients. Most likely nothing will come of this, so hopefully I can put it behind me rather quickly.

Very tired. On call this weekend.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?