Saturday, February 28, 2004

Last Wednesday, Ash Wednesday, marked the beginning of Lent, which is the 40 days of preparation for Easter. For some reason, I've always liked Lent. I've always kind of seen it as another way to do New Year's Resolutions, a time of reform, personal growth, and spiritual reflection. This year I'm feeling particularly spiritually stumped, given all that's happened with Father John, so I'm going into Lent with both barrels loaded to see what I can get out of it.

On a somewhat related note. I don't plan on seeing The Passion of The Christ because a) it sounds too violent for me, b) I know the story already, so I probably won't get a whole lot out of it, and c) I don't wanna spend $8-plus when I can rent Jesus of Nazareth, Jesus, Godspell, or Jesus Christ Superstar for considerably less (same story, no subtitles) and view it in the comfort of my own home, pausing it so I can run to the bathroom or get more snacks. Or I can go to Stations of The Cross (very popular with Catholics during Lent) at one of the area churches for free (no snacks, but still a nice experience).




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?