Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Work has kicked my arse. The past week has been stressful. We've had a lot of drama coming from a certain person who we work with who likes to stir up trouble. Specifically, this person's game is to attempt to pit the nurses against each other, to set them up to make them look bad in front of the patients and their families, so that this person can come in and "save the day." This person tried to split Cindy and I against each other. Luckly, both of us are hip to her game, and we didn't fall into the trap. I ended up writing a formal letter, per Lurraine's request. I didn't really like the letter. Usually when I complain, I try to offer a solution so that the person I am complaining to and/or about and I can compromise and communicate and improve the situation. This situation really has no solution, so the letter was rather bitchy-sounding, but I think it helped get the point across that this person is manipulative and may not have the best intentions. Lurraine says that this person will not be a member of the team much longer, so we can put this behind us and move on.

While I've been working, my friends have been doing groovy things, like writing books. I know Marian's mentioned writing a lot lately, and my other friend Andrew has an e-novel drafted and he is brave enough to share it with all who care to read. It's really good so far- he paints really detailed imagery, and his characters are sympathetic- those are two "must-haves" for me to enjoy a story. I've linked it to the right. Also new is Fun Bahead Girl Lisa's live journal (so sorry it took me so long to find you, dah-ling!)

Also, FiFi is doing really well with her training. Not only does she do most of the stuff on the leash competently, she's doing more and more skills off the leash as well. Big noticed the other day when she was running around the yard that she would stop and stay on command and now allows both of us to walk toward her and pick her up. She was never doing that before. Although I'm really really happy for Big that he's found this great new job, I can't help but think that one of the downsides to a nine-to-five existance again takes away his one-on-one time with the Fee during the day. They've really bonded over the past few months, and it's fun to watch.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?