Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Prince recently was quoted in an interview that he was "too spiritual" to vote in this November's election.

Now, I love Prince. The man wrote "Rasberry Beret," for feck's sake. But I must say that I can't be that spiritual as His Royal Purpleness. Therefore, FiFi and I are pleased to announce our very small, minimally significant voter registration drive. We call it Bark The Vote. FiFi is very disappointed that as a dog, she cannot partake in our nation's democratic process, but she is pleased to help.

Here at Bark the Vote, we're hoping to help register voters. I'd like to see 10 people so influenced by our effort, that they will register and vote in the upcoming election. Remember, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain. So there.

BTW, if you're worried that by registering, you put yourself at risk for jury duty selection, fear not: you're already at risk for jury duty selection. Jurors are now being selected via driver's licenses, not voter registration.

Although this website officially endorses John Kerry for President (Nurses for Kerry, gimme a "whoot-whoot!"), don't let that stop you. I also include links to the campaign sites for Bush-Cheney and Nader-Camejo, as well as Rock The Vote.

If you are reading this, and you decide that you want to register to vote, I'd like to hear from you. Drop us an email. I won't print your name, comments, or email, nor will I send it to any email list. Good luck, make it count, and have fun!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?