Sunday, November 28, 2004

Awesome- The Live Aid DVD is out. I picked it up this weekend, and am now engrossed in the attached documentary "Trucks and Food and Rock N Roll." The concert itself is massive and amazing. I loved loved loved the Tina Turner/Mick Jagger collaboration of "It's Only Rock and Roll," Elvis Costello's version of "All You Need Is Love," and as bonus features it has the complete videos of "We Are The World" and "Do They Know It's Christmas." Plus, you can play a "Count The Mullets" drinking game (That last one is not endorsed by Band Aid nor USA for Africa, by the way).

Mr. Big picked up a copy of the book Lennon Legend, which is a bio of John Lennon, complete with pull-out memoribilia, for me for Christmas- 'just act surprised" he told me, kissing my forehead. It's now on our coffee table, in between the book on The Muppets and The Heavy Metal Encyclopedia.

The new issue of BUST is out at Tower Records, and it's awesome, packed with DIY projects, an article about the female conversion to Islam, and an interview with Rosie Perez.

I attended Mass this week, the first week of Advent, at Church of The Epiphany in Chesterfield. It's nice because it's about 15 minutes away from Brandermill. When I walked in, people were chatting and there were lots of kids, and I couldn't help but think how much it reminded me of a smaller version of St. Mike's. They dimmed the lights for the procession, and brought in the flame used to light the Advent wreath in a lantern very slowly. Father gave a nice homily about peace, and during the prayers of the Faithful, when we were praying for certain sick parishners, we said the first name of the person after the name was announced, which I liked. I was really impressed, and since I've been church hopping for a while, I feel it's time to settle again. We'll see.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?