Sunday, January 09, 2005

I'm not sure if it's my perspective, or if the on-call goddesses have smiled upon me numerous times, but being on-call hasn't been bad for me the last couple of times I've done it. There were two deaths and a couple of emergency visits for this weekend, plus an interview with a couple who decided to go with home health instead, but otherwise, niente. Of course, it's only 7:29 on Sunday night, and the weekend officially isn't over yet, but for the most part it has been a very pleasant experience, and more than likely will not be brutal as the last hours tick away. has allowed me to spend more time with John and Fee than I'd planned, as well as order pizza and go and get Krispy Kreme doughnuts and piddle around online, waiting for the WWE PPV to start.

John's been playing X-Men ad nauseum on the playstation, and he's trying to get me to play too, despite the fact I've not played a video game since I was 13, and that was Super Mario Bros, on the Nintendo. I'm also ashamed that I did also play Duck Hunt, and I shudder now thinking of how that game just exuded flippancy at animal cruelty. But, this is different, this game of X-Men, in that it's just gratuitous violence aimed at humans by humans.

"It's a great game, Hon. I've unlocked a couple of the female characters, and I've brought another game controller for you. It's better with two, so maybe you could play with me?"

It's really one of the sweetest things he's done, along with the time we were climbing out of the Scrambler car at Busch Gardens, and he hopped out first, then extended his hand to help me out. Sure, the feminists would scoff, but I really really liked it. The reason why it's so sweet is that Big guards his video games as well as his action toys as Indiana Jones guarded the ark in Raiders, and him to not only suggest but encourage me to put my mitts on it is a HUGE THING, more so than he asking me to marry him or to be the future mother of his children. This is so much more. John says I'll be able to beat up stinky men and score points for up to three other chick characters, so I'm willing to give it a try.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?