Sunday, March 06, 2005

No F#*&ing Way!


Edge, you dumbass
.

Apparently, the WWE management is very angry at Adam Copeland and find this unbecoming conduct for an employee, according to another article. There's a thinly veiled reference to this affair on Matt Hardy's website. In his Matt Facts Section, he has written: "Matt Fact #6: Matt has never betrayed a good friend." As for me, I'm not really sure what to think about this. My friends know how strongly I feel about infidelity, and having been the one betrayed, I can completely sympathize with Matt and his feelings. This really sucks, because I like Edge and don't want to see his career f-cked over because of all of this. I hope things work out for everyone.

Comments:
The link didn't work for me. What happened exactly?
 
I did a search, and think I get the gist of it.

While I agree it would be sad for his career to be messed up over it, I don't think it would be completely unfair. His career is based on being a public personality, and hey, when you're a jerk, people like you less.

On the other hand, I am way over the way people talk about celebrities as if they know the truth based on gossip. Mom was saying something the other week about how Julia Roberts had once broken up Kiefer Sutherland's marriage, and I said that was a really unfair thing to think about someone based on dubious sources of information.

I made the point that people could say that about me - that I'd broken up a marriage - without knowing the first thing about the truth of any of it. So I've gained a lot of perspective on what people are willing to believe, compared to what evidence there is for the truth.
 
Sorry! I fixed the link.

It's a really f--ked up situation. Wrestlers are a close-knit bunch, and unfortunately, a lot of marriages and relationships are sacrificed in the business. This is not the first time something like this has happened. I seriously doubt Copeland will be fired because of this, and for most wrestlers, the thing that hurts the most is the fans' disappointment. At a recent house show in Greenville NC, Edge wrestled and a couple of fans had signs saying things like "Edge betrayed Matt." I am waiting to see how the next few weeks will pan out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?