Thursday, June 30, 2005

Meeting The Fockers

So last night we celebrated a milestone- the meeting of the parents.

"I can't believe they've never met before! How long have you two been together?" Lorien asks me this morning. It's true, John and I have been together for more than 2 years, have cohabitated, and share a dog, and all this was before our 'rents had the pleasure of meeting each other. It's been a bit of a battle, with Mr and Mrs Big living out of state, my mom working every weekend from September to June, and my own crazy schedule, to get all of the parental units together for one big shindig.

That is until this week. The place: Topeka Steakhouse, the time: 6:30 in the PM. The fams will collide!


Actually, they LOVED each other. Okay food, good conversation, lots of smiles and laughter. They're going on vacation together soon. Of course, John and I aren't invited. But hey, rather that happening than some Jerry Springer-esque in-law slug-a-thon, eh?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?