Sunday, October 08, 2006

All You Need Is Love...(and yarn)

I finished my scarf, and started back up on my sweater. I'm almost done with the last sleeve, but ran outta yarn and had to order some more from Patternworks, and it should be here in about a week or so. Til then, I've picked up Shannon's massive Va Tech blanket. It's five strands of worsted weight yarn knitted together, so it's a lot of strain on my wrists, and I can only work on it for limited intervals. I'm pleased with my progress however, and John is happy because that means I will watch comic book movies with him while I work. Last night we watched X-Men III: The Final Stand, which was excellent.

In comics, I've picked up the latest Fantastic Four, which is getting good in my opinion, since the Civil War has caused friction between Reed and Sue Richards. Pretty soon they will be launching Fantastic Four: The End, which is supposed to be the climax.

I've finished the Cynthia Lennon book, and am now getting another perspective by reading Jerry Hopkins' unauthorized biography of Yoko Ono. Cynthia comes across as mousy, meek, codependent, and slightly pious. Yoko is just plain avant-garde grade A nutty. I've found myself liking Yoko a bit more, and is at least more of an interesting read. I am sorry what happened to Cynthia, but at times in her book she comes across so victimized it's rather pathetic, especially since right after I finished listening to John, I put in the audio version of Anne Frank, who was a girl with real problems, not just "oh, John has left me, but I don't want to confront him, but, Julian won't be able to go to a nice university with our alamony so piddly." You almost want Yoko to bitch slap her sometimes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?